So you’ve cleaned up your diet in true January style, but what about your beauty regime?
In addition, my kids love to splash around in the oh so gentle lavender and geranium oil bubble bath-no tears when it gets in their eyes either!
3) Green People Minty Cool Toothpaste : Plaque nope, tartar not yet and a dentist recently asked me if I ate sweets or drunk coffee? Almost choked on my pink mouthwash. Thank you very much Green People! Even my fussy kids ask for this clay-coloured, fresh-tasting toothpaste which contains none of your usual nasties, a bonus as kids always swallow toothpaste!
4) Finding an aluminium and alcohol-free deodorant that keeps you fresh and dry has been something of a holy grail and I believe a very personal thing. Some folks are smelly but dry, others are wet but odour-free. I am blessed with smelly AND wet! With that in mind, formulas that have best suited me over the years are lovely local, West Sussex company Green People’s natural rosemary roll-on deodorant :
and Soap Walla Citrus Deodorant Cream. It’s a bit pricey, but a little goes a long way and it absorbs wetness like magic!
5) Epsom Bath Salts : For big, indulgent, relaxing baths where you get to absorb the magnesium trans-dermally whilst you soak. Get ready for an awesome night’s sleep! Too busy for a full bath? Try a foot bath using a washing up bowl instead. Can be almost as relaxing and you’ll still benefit from the toxin-pulling effects of this wonderful, ancient natural remedy. Try mixing a tablespoon of Epsom Salts into a tablespoon of almond or melted coconut oil in a small tub for use as exfoliating foot or leg scrub. Homemade beauty at it’s simplest:
6) Pacifica solid perfumes : A range of handbag friendly, cutesy packaged perfumes in unusual scents – think Star Jasmine or Blood Orange – that are so gentle I can let my seven year old play with them and not worry about her getting a load of chemicals on her baby soft skin. Loving the shared mother-daughter use!
7) Whilst not strictly body care, it’s use has greatly benefited my own and my patients hair, skin and nails over the years. What am I talking about? Good old essential fatty acids of course! These healthy fats seem to moisturise us from the inside out. In fact, my fingernails usually let me know when it’s time to reorder these wonderful fats found in the optimum ratios in this classic Udo’s formula that has been around for years and is still super popular :
What are your green beauty must-haves? Anything you’ve grown to love and wouldn’t be without over the years? Lets hear it!
Love, Rachel x
PS. Subscribe to our newsletter and receive a 5% discount code to be used against all items in our Platinum Healing Online Health Shop. Just click here to sign up: www.platinum-healing.com/